2.24.2011

life starts now

So, here it is, the moment we have been waiting for. The moment when all communication, aside from a computer screen and a keyboard, will come to a stop. The moment when we will hear each other's voice the last time, for a long time, and see each other's face only when we close our eyes.



 
Not only am I new to my "Wife" status, being married to a military man adds other elements I'm not sure anyone can really prepare for. I'm both excited and nervous for the road ahead, and eager to learn the ropes as quickly as possible so I can keep up with the changes that are coming. This will be the first deployment, for both of us, and I'm ready to roll with the punches. Unfourtunatly, the first of anything in life creates a long list of unknowns.

Until Kevin actually meets the ship at sea he can't tell me how often the ship will port, how the mail system works, how often he will have the ability to email, or even what happens once they return. I can't know (for security purposes) where exactly he is, what exactly he's doing, or when exactly he will be wherever, he can't  exactly tell me, he is going. 

 Although I don't yet understand the ins and outs of Military Wife Life, I feel like I know what I signed up for and nowhere in the fine print did I see the word EASY. I know that from here on out nothing will ever be set in stone, plans are subject to change, and as soon as we make those plans we better be prepared to change them. I'm as "ok" with that as anyone can be I suppose. I am thankful to have a strong support system of family and friends, I believe in what my husband is doing, and I'm honored he chose me to be at his side.

This won't be an easy road for him either; he has his to-do list that can't be completed until he is safely aboard the ship. To anyone who knows him, Kev doesn't like to leave things half done. He's worried about leaving the States with some questions unanswered, that I will forget how much he loves me, or that helping him with his list will inconvienence me. I hope that I show him, and tell him, everyday that he doesn't need to be afraid. I know what we have, and I am ready to take this challenge head first knowing it will only make us stronger!

"I love you Kevin Jack, and I'm proud to be your Wife. I'll see you tomorrow, it's just gonna be a real long day."

Sara Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment