3.23.2011

day 3



Ok folks, no VLOG tonight. . . I'm sorry.

But HERE is my idea of the perfect date which, if you're wondering, I have already had.

First we start off with. . .



MY HUSBAND. . .I mean, no perfect date could be complete without him


Next,

2 glasses of Red Wine. . .sharing a glass or two is one of our favorite things.

Usually, while sharing the wine, we are in the kitchen cooking. Believe me, there is NOTHING more romantic (to me) than preparing food together. Something about the "creation" process is awesome.

On our PD (perfect date), we would definitely be making


Homemade PIZZA. Kevin even likes to make the dough from scratch, which ALWAYS results in a huge mess. I suppose there is something romantic about the cleaning up process as well.

After dinner, on one of our MANY PDs, Kev would move the furniture from the living room floor, turn on the satellite radio, and ask me to dance.

Our favorite



SHAG DANCING

I begged Kev to let me teach him for so long and, little by little, with lots of practice he actually danced with me IN PUBLIC. This was HUGE; if you know Kevin you know he's a liiiittle shy in some situations. However it was a big success and we often made it a habit to dance, just the two of us, and we plan on taking some lessons when he's home.

Now the last, but probably my favorite, part of our PD.



Yup, a thunderstorm. I love rain, I love lightning, and I love thunderstorms. Some of this proooobably has to do with the fact that Kev and I spent the first night we met soaking wet in the rain for hours walking and talking like old friends; the cold didn't phase me one bit. After that, storms became something we looked forward to. The night of our PD there was a HUGE storm. I excused myself to the restroom upstairs after the wine, dinner, and dancing, to come back down only to find that Kevin had taken the couch OUT of the living room, INTO the kitchen, and in front of the huge windows. We watched and listened to only the storm for hours, just soaking it all in.

It was unplanned and it was perfect.

Sara Mac


3 comments:

  1. Ooh, the shag! I wish I would've properly learned while I was living in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know what shag dancing is... is it like jive? we love to jive!! we taught ourselves in the garden. The neighbours think we're weird haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest story!! You two sincerely bring out the best in each other, sister!! <3 Miss you--come see us!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete