3.27.2011

day 7



Yay for weddings. I've had about every imaginable "dream wedding" planned out since I was probably 15. Little did I know that I would ever HAVE my dream wedding. . .nor that it would look quite like this.

********************

When we first DECIDED to get married, we planned on going to the courthouse and making it official just until Kev's deployment was over. This wasn't what our hearts really wanted, so we called the family. . .and made last minute plans for our special day.




We both wore white; me in a white cotton tube dress and Kev in dark jeans and a white cotton button down. American Eagle outfitted us both. . .talk about casual. And if you know ME. . .you know casual is exactly what I like haha.




I wore boots and, although I don't have a picture of his, he did too (not the same of course haha). 

And I carried Pink and White Gerbera Daisies my favorite flower EVER; and each of our "guests" had a pink boutonniere that matched Kevin's.




Although we didn't have a "packed house" at our wedding. We were each able to have family present to help us celebrate, and we know that those not in attendance were with us in spirit. Kevin and I put everything together on pretty short notice so we knew it would be a small afair. The love we felt on our wedding day by our loved ones, both here and away, was so amazing. . .we are so blessed to have such great support systems.

It's funny to think about now, I NEVER in my life wanted to get married on the beach. I never wanted to get married in February. And I never thought I would want a small wedding.

MY DREAM WEDDING
took place on the beach in South Carolina, walking distance from where I live.

MY DREAM WEDDING
was held on the 9th of February, 2011.

And

MY DREAM WEDDING
had 4 people in attendance, not inculding the officiant and the two photographers.

I cannot imagine doing it any other way. . .Until, of course, we renew our vows in front of our whole family in 2012. Plans haven't been made yet. . .but I think it's safe to say that will also be a DREAM WEDDING.

Sara Mac

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I love this Sara!! You're photos are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding! We got married at the courthouse. Not exactly my dream wedding, but it got the job done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! We are working on renewing our vows for our 10th Anniversary in 2013...We are doing a beach wedding and unlike our orginal wedding its going to be a small affair with just our closest friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these photos are just fab. we had a small wedding too only 25 closest friends and family :)

    ReplyDelete