3.05.2011

i carry your heart

I remember when Kev and I first started daiting.
He was starting the last portion of Nuke school, feeling like he might not be able, and overall a little discouraged. On the other hand, I was dealing with an emotional baggage of my own that threatened, everyday, the sanity (for lack of a better term haha) I could bring to our relationship.
 
I wanted him to know that he had all of my love and support, and that I was there for him. . .even when I couldn't be "there". I slipped a note into his pocket and told him not to take it out unless he really, really, needed me.
 
(this is a copy of the original note that Kev put in an album me made me)
 
It was in that pocket for a few days before he took it out. . .we were going through a period of time where we didn't see each other regularly and both of us were pretty stressed about it. I went by his place one day to surprise him and I found him taking a nap, note in hand. . .It was the best feeling in the world.
 
I don't know if many of you recognize the poem I quoted in the note, but I recommend it to any of you reading this; I Carry Your Heart - E.E. Cummings.
 
This poem continues to be something I hold close to me, to give me comfort, and it meant even more to me when Kev made me this.
 
(also in my album)
 
Even though he's far away, we will always support one another. 
 
He still has my heart in his pocket. . .and I carry his heart with me (I carry it in my heart).
 
Sara Mac 

3 comments:

  1. I love that you kept it and put in a album..it will always be a beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He still has the original, in his pocket of course! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, him taking a nap with the note in his hand... that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard! It really is the little things isn't it?

    ReplyDelete