3.04.2011

Fill-In Friday

Hey everyone, I know it's been a long week and no posts from me. I have been crazy busy with work, which I plan to post about soon, and had so many exciting things going on I haven't hardly had time to think. I don't know how some of the ladies I have started meeting through the blogging community do it all. . .and STILL find the time to write some amazing content; KUDOS to all of them.

One of those ladies, Wife of A Sailor, has a wonderful way of getting to know her readers and I decided to start taking part! What she does is create a list of questions, we fill-in the answers, we post to our blog on Friday, then at the end of it we can link up through her blog to read what others have posted.

This is my first time participating in

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

So let's see how this goes; here are the questions, as well as my answers:


1. Do you or your {spouse} ever wish your {spouse} was in a different branch of the military? submitted by The Turner Family
Kev and I have talked about this before and, even though it depends on the mood of the day, he is very proud to be in the Navy. His older sister served in the Navy a few years ago, helping him make his choice, and he joined along side his twin brother Brian. I think that the only thing Kev really wishes sometimes is that he and his brother could work more closely. . .Kev is a Nuke and Brian is a Flight Engineer on P-3's.


2. What duty station(s) are on your “No Way, Hell No, Not Going, Have Fun Unaccompanied” list and why? submitted by Every Branch
I'm new to the military as a whole, so I can't really SAY which duty stations I WOULDN'T want to go to. However, while I'm excited about the idea of being in San Diego and spending a little time up in Washington, Kevin is NOT a happy camper and would rather be in Washington FOR-E-VER!! But. . .Duty Calls.

3. If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose and why? submitted by Three Krakens
Well, so far the 20-something that I am right now has been the best year EVER and I think I could stary right here always. While there are days I miss being 5, the only child, the boss, and not having a worry in the world, I know I can't go back any more than I can stand still. So I'm thinking that after this 20-something I want the next 20-something to be the best, and the one after that, and so-on and so-forth.

If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be? submitted by the C.W. 
 Eeeeeeay question, Marshmallow Mateys. I loved Lucky Charms when I was younger. . .but now, I love the savings I get with Marshmallow Mateys and actually think they taste better. Kevin and I love looking for the bag with the most marshmallows, just one of the "little things" that mean so much to me.

What is your morning beverage of choice and why?  submitted by NH Girl Displaced 
 Apple Juice and Water; not one glass of each but, one glass with half apple juice and half water. I know, I'm a weirdo but sometimes I DO take a walk on the wild side and go with the AJ straight-up. . .watch out.

Ok, that was quite enough from me in one post. If you're reading this thank you for getting this far and not moving on to something more interesting. Also,if you want to read answers from other bloggers just click the button bellow and enjoy; and if you're interested in reading more from Wife of A Sailor just click the name here or up top.

See you next time,

Sara Mac

6 comments:

  1. I'm also a navy wife in San Diego!
    I know what you mean about wanting to be 5 again every once in a while.. It would feel great to have no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're the first MilSpouse that's gone back to a childhood age - I didn't think back that far! I'd have to say 12 - we were stationed in Belgium, we spent every weekend April-October at the beach, traveled on the Hovercraft to England (Mum was British so she had to have a British grocery-shopping fix every once in a while). I loved my teachers, my studies, where we lived, my friends, it was a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I can't wait until I actually GET to San Diego haha!! I'm still in South Carolina waiting on my love to come home before I move out there!

    And Pam, England sounds great! It's definitely on my list of places to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm up here in Washington, and my husband and I agree with Kev...we would love to be here FOREVER! My husband loves it so much that he just extended a year on his boat so we can stay here...even though we were supposed to start shore duty! He just doesn't want to move us. We bought a house, we have kids, and we love the area. Gotta love it...there's no shore duty for Nukes up here. It stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dh & I agree with Stevie & her DH...we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE WA! We also recently bought a house and are hoping to get shore duty here...my hubby isn't a nuke:) We know people that have spent 15-20 years here and we're hoping we can do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, how exciting! Kev is actually hoping to get into the STA 21 program after this sea duty. . .and I know he would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to Washington to finish up his degree! So, if we're lucky we'll be in San Diego for 5 mo, Washington for 1 year, San Diego for 2 more years, and BACK to Washington for 2 years haha. . .oh gees what did I get myself into haha gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete