4.06.2011

day 17


Today's challenge is probably one of my favorite so far.

Family

I have a HUGE family, my mom's side, my dad's side, my husband's HUGE family, and the friends who I consider my family.

However, I thought it fitting to honor a man, known to many as "The Bud Man". A year ago this April, he passed away, and although gone from the Earth he is still VERY MUCH a part of our everyday lives. He raised a family, built a legacy, and left behind shoes no man or women could ever fill. . .except Mary of course.

My Grandfather, Bill McMahon.




Working for Budweiser wasn't just a job. It gave more to a family of 10 than a roof over their heads or food on their table; it gave them stability, a slice of American history, and pride.

 Budweiser is MORE than just a beer, MORE than the KING of Beers.

A product that, like my family, has stood strong through the test of time.
Budweiser has never failed.

Budweiser is Tradition.

Budweiser is Legacy.



When the "Bud Man" himself left us, we carried on his tradition as one.



People may not understand what we do or, why we do it with a beer in our hands,




Why the gifts in old wooden crates, stamped with our history, are better than the gifts wrapped in shiny paper under the tree,

The Irish wakes, the funny clothes, or the company we keep.

But to us, Budweiser unites us with memories we will not soon forget

and a story that we can pass along for all the days of our lives.

And I'm sure, that when My Grandpa was called up to the gates of Heaven. . .the words he heard were this:

Here comes the King, Here comes the Big Number One,
Budweiser Beer is Beer that's second to none.
The King is calling, so loud and clear.
There's only ONE Budweiser Beer.
There's only ONE Budweiser Beer.


(this is NOT my grandfather)

Thank you Grandpa for Giving us a Legacy and a Tradition to build upon.
Thank you Grandma for holding us all together, as you continue to do everyday.
Thank You Both for teaching ALL OF US the meaning of FAMILY.


Grandpa,

This Bud's for You.

Sara Mac


9 comments:

  1. Great job, SaraMac! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I have tears in my eyes...I love it and I love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very good. I am not a Budweiser fan but I think I will have to become one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tribute Sara. I wish I had the family that you guys do. I was telling that to Will last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leah. . .but you should know that you and Will are VERY MUCH a part of this family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Thanks! I told Will that I want our kids to grow up with the 4th crew! You guys are amazing! Can't wait for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, what a lovely tribute to your family. So sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete