4.20.2011

breakfast pt.2

So, did anyone take a guess at what was in my breakfast blender yesterday. . .

Did anyone even care. . .haha.

Well. . .Here was my preview



It wasn't a shake I can tell you THAT.

Check it out.



Yes. . .Pancakes. . .IN a BLENDER.

Not just ANY pancake MIX though

PROTEIN PANCAKES

Yes, Yes, There is SUCH a thing as GOOD FOR YOU pancakes. Want the Recipe. . .
well, OK. . .Here it is.

**********

1 cup Oatmeal
2/3 cup plain or vanilla protein powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt (optional. . .i don't use)
3 egg whites
1 cup fat-free (skim) milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Nonstick cooking spray

Mix first 5 ingredients together and place in BLENDER
 add the rest and BLEND WELL

Preheat skillet and coat with nonstick spray

Pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time.  .and cook just like any other pancake!!!

I LOVE these with Sugar Free syrup, and strawberries. . .bananas work well too, as to raspberries and blackberries.

ENJOY

Sara Mac

2 comments:

  1. I actually guessed that it might be banana pancakes...how good is that? Maybe because banana pancakes are my favorite and they look a lot like that....I'll have to use that recipe though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a shake! I've been seeing these pancakes everywhere lately. Must be because summers around the corner and everyone's trying to get in shape.

    ReplyDelete